It’s already on my blog but here ya go:
This is based off my admissions experience and also what I’ve observed from my classmates’ application portfolios. Disclaimer: I am not a representative of RISD admissions in any way so take everything I say with a grain of salt.
- Focus on your hometest - they value it the most when making your admissions decision because it represents your most recent work
- Really think through the concept of both your bicycle drawing and second drawing - they will see so many of them so try to find a way to set yours apart conceptually
- Include technical drawings such as still lifes in your portfolio but make sure to also include more personal work to showcase your unique artistic vision (this can even be sketchbook pages)
- Try your best to get good grades and standardized test scores but know that your hometest/portfolio is the most important part of your application
- Above all, be creative! Don’t be afraid to take risks
I hope this helps. Good luck!!
Finally updated! More work from these first few weeks at RISD will hopefully be posted this weekend. Thanks for continuing to follow despite a lack of updates